We have a winner! Ganesh Kumar of the host university, Vellore Institute of Technology, won the ISU scholarship with his design. More details will be posted on 15 October with the post-SEDSIC report.
As a part of the international conference, SEDS-Earth is hosting a design competition. The topic: design a series of lunar rovers for remote exploration that fit in a 20 kg payload. The winner will receive a half-tuition scholarship to the International Space University (based on a recent Summer Session Program, this is an award of approximately US$10,000).
- To participate, Letters of Intent due by 13 July.
- Design proposals due by 3 August.
- Proposals will be judged by a team of professional scientists and engineers.
- Winners must attend SEDSIC to give a presentation on the proposal in order to receive the award.
- Selected entries will be invited to present their proposal at the conference. A summary of all proposals will be presented in a technical session at the IAC in Hyderabad.
- Other awards will be given as they become available.
The full rules and details are located at SEDSWiki. Students of all ages and technical experience are encouraged to participate.