Released: Monday, January 22, 2007
The Students for the Exploration and Development of Space (SEDS–USA) are extremely pleased and excited to add the Board of Advisors’ professional knowledge, experience, and resources to the efforts of our student members. We will continue to build a strong alliance with them for the advancement of the space industry with their help in advising and offering help with the current Executive Board’s goals. The entire Executive Board looks forward to working with them as the year progresses.
MISSION OF THE BOARD OF ADVISORS:
The mission of the Board of Advisors is to provide a source of professional knowledge, experience, and resources to the efforts of our student members as we continue to build a strong alliance for the advancement of the space industry.
- Barrett Caldwell – Purdue University
- Mark Craig – SAIC
- Peter Diamandis – X PRIZE Foundation
- Paul Eckert – The Boeing Company
- Peggy Finarelli – George Mason University
- Alan Ladwig – Whitney, Bradley & Brown, Inc.
- Jon Malay – Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Gregg Maryniak – X PRIZE Foundation
- Jim Muncy – Polispace
- Bob Richards – Optech
- Mark Schaffer – SpaceWorks Engineering
- George Whitesides – National Space Society
- Pete Worden – NASA
- Keith Cowing – SpaceRef Interactive Inc.
SEDS (Students for the Exploration and Development of Space) is dedicated to expanding the role of human exploration and development of space. We also seek to educate the public in such a way as to attain this goal. We have many ways of doing this, including educational outreach, conferences, and chapter projects.